Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Don't "Let the Sunshine In"


So I love the rain. Honestly, nothing puts me in a better mood than knowing it's going to rain so I can throw on my cute flowered rain-boots and stomp in the puddles and laugh and play like I was 7 years old again. Therefore, you could understand my excitement when the forecast for this week showed a "Chance of Showers" for Tuesday and Wednesday. Of course, knowing today was Tuesday-THE day- I was ready for those showers. Lo and behold, it didn't rain.

I'm ready to give mother nature another try, and am hoping that tomorrow will be better. In the meantime, I was walking to class today, understandably saddened by the weather, when I looked up at the sky and thought, "Wow it's bright!" Through the dark clouds and the foggy marine layer, I noticed that good old Mr. Sun was trying to peek his way in and see what was going on. Besides the fact that that ain't gonna happen, I was also interested in how much light was shining through the clouds. Since this was right after lighting, I started thinking about how the clouds acted like a dimmer to the sun, and why, when it is supposed to be dark and cloudy, do the clouds not do their job and block the sun? It was blinding to look up at the sky and when I took this picture I was interested to find that the image of the sun came out fairly sharp, when standing there in reality it was too bright to even tell where the sun was.

To conclude, I appreciate light now that I'm beginning to learn a little more of how it works. I would also like to say that if the sun ever decides to butt in on my rainy day again, I will literally knock the living daylight out of it. Thank you, that is all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment