
Just bought a digital camera, but alas, I can't get it to work on my computer, so my camera phone will have to do for another post. Apologies if the image doesn't turn up perfectly.
As I was walking back to my dorm last night after rehearsal, I walked past one of the science labs in between the Claire and Campus Village, and was pulled in by something of a lemon-limelight shooting from one of the windows. Inside the window were shelves of beakers and test tubes and bottles, and it felt EXACTLY like one of those over-the-top Dr. Frankenstein laboratories. It was in a very noir-meets-Star-Trek-meets-1940's Horror Flick, and the shadows were great (adding to the hightened reality). The entire window was being backlit, and the items on the shelves became almost icon-like. To boot, some of the funny-shaped beakers acted as convex and concave lenses (sort of) and projected the backlight in other cool convergent and divergent directions. Very very neat. It could see how a whole conceptual design for a show could be gotten from just a single image like this. This was one of the first times I've actually noticed in a non-theatrical real time situation a type of lighting setting that was still very naturally stylized.
No comments:
Post a Comment