A bit late, so sorry, but better late than never! :)
I chose this image because after Jaymi mentioned looking for natural light, I became very curious as to the effect of a simple lamp in a room. I share a room with a friend in our apartment, and we only use one lamp to light the entire room. It's really interesting because our window doesn't allow in a lot of sunlight, so to light that lamp is to really give us something to see by. The picture doesn't really showcase it, but it does really light the room. I just think it's funny how so much of it bounces off of the ceiling (as shown through the big almost spotlight effect it has right above and below the lamp shade).
The thing that fascinates me most about it is the way the light bounces and reflects off of the walls, creating that spread that covers the entire room. It's not a very big lamp, but the light covers such a large amount of area. Is it the bulb? The lamp itself? The smallness of the room? Could be all of them. I don't expect that much light from such a small lighting source though, so it, to me, is a very interesting source of light.
I think simply looking at this manufactured light gives me an idea of how bulbs work in general. It's a sort of efficiency we can't find anywhere else in natural light. The color is very yellow orange, but it seems more natural than theme park light, but it's too bright and concentrated to be outside light. I can only wonder at the inner workings of the filament that make this bulb so incredibly bright and efficient to use for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment