I suppose when you are so used to something always being there at the exact same time in the exact same place, it is a bit disconcerting to find your environment suddenly different. Now, the weather I have no problem with- get me out of the sun any day. It was the lack of light that was disheartening. Don't get me wrong, I love the evenings, but when it's 5pm and dark out it just doesn't seem to make sense that you are hitting rush hour, or that you aren't hungry yet. I was thrown off that I was still at work even though it felt like evening, and even the mood of my environment was a bit sober. It's truly amazing how light shifts mood, especially naturally daylight for that matter. I'm sure I will adjust to the darkness coming so soon, just as I do every year. For now I'll just look at it as the eco-friendly way to "save the daylight," AKA daylight savings.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Save the Daylight
So this past week was daylight savings, but I didn't really notice the change until Friday. I work outside, and am used to the lovely Mr. Sun beaming his UV rays all across my back and face. However on Friday, this was not the case. As 3:30 began to roll around, my surrounding turned darker and a cool breeze soared through the air. Now, you would think relief had settled over me because now I didn't have to suffer the intense rays and heat of the sun; yet, I was a tad disappointed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment