Monday, November 9, 2009

Lighting From Behind





I was in Pasadena recently and while strolling in the town at night I began looking around for interesting lighting to write about for this blog. One of the things I noticed and will now describe were a lot of lights were designed so that objects were lit from behind or underneath. I found this type of lighting created a romantic mood which suited the evening nicely. The designs were well thought out because most of these ‘romantic’ lights were used in restaurant settings.
One example was in a café bar, which had lights under the tables. This created interesting shadows on the walls. That cafe also had pretty lights hanging overhead. Both types of lights meant the room was softly, yet evenly, lit as well as being decorative in appearance.
Across the street was another restaurant with it’s title positioned above the doors. As you will see if the photograph the words were lit from behind creating a halo-like glow around the words, framing them and giving them a three-dimensional look.
Lastly I came across a beautiful stone building with decorative urns sitting in alcoves halfway up the walls. They were also backlit, making them stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment