One of the hardest things about this class was trying to control the spread of light on the floor. When trying to light a cue most of the though was put into thinking about how the light would directly hit the actor. How would that direct light hit their face? what shadows would it create? what color would it be? It was easy to overlook the reflection from the light hitting the ground and also what the spread would look like. The photo above that I choose is a shot that I tool of my car. I choose this photo because unlike a photo during the daytime when the light is pretty even across the floor, in this photo you can see where it starts and ends. It wasn't something I was thinking about too much when I was lighting this. I was mainly thinking about how the light would hit the car itself. I also used a red gel to light the inside of the car.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
floor spread
One of the hardest things about this class was trying to control the spread of light on the floor. When trying to light a cue most of the though was put into thinking about how the light would directly hit the actor. How would that direct light hit their face? what shadows would it create? what color would it be? It was easy to overlook the reflection from the light hitting the ground and also what the spread would look like. The photo above that I choose is a shot that I tool of my car. I choose this photo because unlike a photo during the daytime when the light is pretty even across the floor, in this photo you can see where it starts and ends. It wasn't something I was thinking about too much when I was lighting this. I was mainly thinking about how the light would hit the car itself. I also used a red gel to light the inside of the car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment