
This is an image of a hotel that is being lit up by LED lights. I really like the soft purple and blue tones. I have always been amazed about LED lights because they can be so small yet pack so much of a punch in terms of lighting. There are four LED lights packed into by blackberry underneath my trackball and it can change colors depending on the intensity is set each LED light at.
The lighting source is at the bottom of the hotel ground floor and is really bright. I am very impressed that the light from the ground floor can reach over 10 stories high, but still be so strong intensity wise over that huge distance. I am impressed that such small little lights can be so bright and use so little electricity. Because LED lights only come in blue, red and green, the lights that were obviously used to light this hotel must have been red and blue. I am fascinated at the varying colors that result from mixing and blending the LED lights. It seems that the purple light must have more red LED lights shining on there than blue lights because the purple light is more warm than cool and looks more pinkish rather than violet. The blue light probably has more blue LED lights shining than red because the hue is more cool color temperature wise.
Something that may help the lighting design on this hotel is maybe have a gobo of the hotel’s name shining in white light somewhere on the hotel. I feel like that would make the lighting design pop and be more interesting and different to look at. I like that the trees are not lit up by any light source. I feel like that would distract from the overall lighting design, making the lights on the hotel seem more pale or dull due to the reflection from the trees. I wonder if there is any reflection into the individual hotel rooms from the LED lights or if the lights bothered the guests.
No comments:
Post a Comment