
So this was the day my power ran out. It was when I learned how important lights really are. I always knew how important electricity is, I use my computer, fridge, and printer quite often, but it did not hit how much I use my lights (and in this case bathroom light).
My shower is located in a bathroom with no windows, as many bathrooms in Irvine are. When my power went out I did not think much of it because we were told our water would be running. I thought to myself, "sweet, I'll just take a shower." Wrong. Very wrong. I closed the door and found myself in complete darkness. I had to shower by candlelight. Do you know how hard it is to shower with a candle? A candle inside the shower constantly getting water splashed at it? IT'S REALLY FREAKING DIFFICULT!!!!
The next day I bought tap lights.
This experience really made me appreciate the everyday normal lighting that is often not seen as beautiful or important. It is light that we take for granted because we see it every day. It's not very interesting to us anymore. But I can tell you.... It's pretty important!!
No comments:
Post a Comment