Monday, October 19, 2009

Gels & Gobos...Lighting Design in action

The other night I was at UCI's Shocktoberfest concert. I was setting up some equipment at the same time that the production crew was setting up the stage and the lights. At one point I heard somebody say "how many Leko's", and this class was the first thing that came to mind. I started to hear a bunch of the terminoloy that we have been learning in class, it was pretty cool.

The lighting at concerts always fascinates me. The one thing that they do different in concerts sometimes is that they light the crowd. I love the contrast from the stage with the main performers to the crowd.

I really like the photo above that I took. From where I took the picture there is a pocket of light spotlighting the performer while the crowd is lit with green and yellow gels. I wish that I could have taken this same picture from straight on and the other side just to see how different the picture would have looked. Writing these blogs is making me think more about what its going to be like to light a scene. I feel like its going to be a lot more of a challenge to light a scene because the light light change several times throughout the scene. I'm still looking forward to it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment