Controlling angle and intensity has been one of the hardest things for me. I find it hard to do because the light gives a certain effect/feeling when it hits the subject, but it also hits the floor and surrounding areas which also adds or takes away from that feeling. It would be a lot easier if the lights could be focused more or if they could come from places other than the ceiling. Because of this I find myself thinking and visualizing a lot more about which lights I am going to use and what its going to look like. In the photo above, the lights are closer to the subject and more focused, which reduces the amount of spill from the lights onto other parts of the room. I think it would be fun to create props with lights built in so that you can achieve effects like this.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Controlling angle and intensity
Controlling angle and intensity has been one of the hardest things for me. I find it hard to do because the light gives a certain effect/feeling when it hits the subject, but it also hits the floor and surrounding areas which also adds or takes away from that feeling. It would be a lot easier if the lights could be focused more or if they could come from places other than the ceiling. Because of this I find myself thinking and visualizing a lot more about which lights I am going to use and what its going to look like. In the photo above, the lights are closer to the subject and more focused, which reduces the amount of spill from the lights onto other parts of the room. I think it would be fun to create props with lights built in so that you can achieve effects like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment