I am a fan of this picture for several reasons, one being that it's with one of my good friends and another being that this day was AWESOME, but I do love the natural light of this picture and especially how it reflects/absorbs into surfaces. This was on a boat out in Newport Harbor (...I think? Could be very wrong) at about 5pm, and I love the way water serves as a wonderful reflector for the natural sunlight.
What fascinates me more is how the light in this photo was very attracted to Sydney's and my skin. I swear, it looks like I am wearing a mask of sun, because due to the angle of reflection from this picture, it looks like the light is absorbing into my skin. Is this a reflection process? I'm not entirely sure. But it shows that people can also serve as targets for sunlight to bounce off of.
I will always be in awe of how we take sunlight for granted and how wonderful it is to think about. That day was a little cloudy, so the light was filtering through the clouds yet gained its brilliance by bouncing off of the blue water. I think it's really cool once we take the time to think about it. It makes me wonder how other surfaces respond to natural lighting and how lighting designers could imitate those reactions onstage.
No comments:
Post a Comment