
On my way to the theatre from Campus Village, I was drawn to the tiny pools of light shooting from the posts perfectly spaced from one another (the sky was also pretty cool!).
I wanted to focus on the man-made light though, and theatrically, it's interesting to have the very music-like beat of pool of light, darkness, pool of light, darkness. It was also interesting that the pool of light that I was closest to was biggest and as the perspective continued on, it got smaller. I think that effect would be cool if it were onstage with a larger pool being more towards the orchestra and smaller pools as you went more upstage. I think this would be effective in a type of jail scene where you're walking along the cell block, or out on the docks of a port or something like that. I really believe iconic shadows are so much more effective than seeing something fully lit onstage, and I'm realizing that less is often more with stage lighting.
No comments:
Post a Comment