
So, here's another one. As I was looking through pictures for class, I found this rad ceiling. I thought "wow the lighting is completely natural, but it illuminates much of what is there." Then I realized that the glow on the ceiling other than the obvious sky light, was not from the daylight directly, but from the bounce of the daylight. It reflected off the floor onto the ceiling and illuminated it. I thought that was pretty cool. Then I looked at the wood and work put into the ceiling and it actually either was planned to be enhanced by the reflection or it was a happy accident, but the wood angles the shadows to actually make the wood look like it's pushing out towards you. This picture just really caught my eye, and I could completely see how houses used to be lit easily by sky lights. As long as the colors and angles were correct the reflection of the daylight would just illuminate the houses. Go Greek and Romans on using those skylights!
No comments:
Post a Comment